What The Hey.....

A shameless attempt to jump on the Blog bandwagon.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I'm back (again)....

It's been awhile, but I have been a little busy (well, maybe not, but that's not the point......)

I'll ease into blogging again by just snurching a meme from kradical.

List 10 musical artists you like, in no specific order (do this before reading the questions below).

1. Huey Lewis and the News
2. Billy Joel
3. B.B. King
4. Ray Charles
5. Los Straitjackets
6. Eric Clapton
7. Roomful of Blues
8. The Blues Brothers
9. Brian Seltzer
10. The Beatles

What was the first song you ever heard by 6? Layla. I LOVED the 4 minutes instrumental at the end.

What is your favorite song of 2? Piano Man, of course. To this day when you see him live you can hear 20,000 people sing the refrain perfectly so I'm obviously not the only one.

What is your favorite lyric of 5? None because they are an instrumental band, but I love that they talk in Spanish with their Mexican wrestling masks on between numbers.

How many times have you seen 4 live? I only saw him twice, but they were VERY memorable. The first time was at a very small place in my hometown with my parents. And I saw him sing "America the Beautiful" at Opening Day at Fenway Park in 2004 in the rain and wearing a Sox cap. Sadly it was 3 months before his death.

What is your favorite song by 7? "White Christmas" from their Xmas album, done to a tango-salsa beat.

Is there any song by 3 that makes you sad? Not really, which is ironical because he is a blues singer.

What is your favorite lyric of 2? From "Piano Man"
And the waitress is practicing politics
as the businessmen slowly get stoned
Yes they're sharing a drink they call loneliness
but it's better than drinking alone

What is your favorite song by 9? Lonely Wolf from the Sun Records Tribute Album

When did you first get into 1? When I was in college and they were just starting out playing small clubs. Then there was no place and nothing I would not do to see them. I actually camped out in a snowstorm for tickets one time.

How did you get into 3? I honestly do not know, but I remember people finding me particular when I listened to him and getting his albums when I was in grade school.

What is your favorite song by 4? America the Beautiful - he always seemed to put his heart and soul into it every time he sang it.

How many times have you seen 9 live? I saw him when he was with the Stray Cats once when i was in college, but not in his present band. Every time I attempt to see him when he is in the area it's at an inconvenient time.

What is a good memory concerning 4? Seeing him at Fenway Park on Opening Day in the POURING RAIN and he was as happy as can be anyways.

Is there a song by 10 that makes you sad? Several, although for some reason "Hey Jude" makes me more emotional than them all.

What is your favorite song of 1? An acapella tune called "Naturally" from their album "Fore".

How did you become a fan of 10? I think when I was in my diapers. *smurk*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home