What The Hey.....

A shameless attempt to jump on the Blog bandwagon.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

What a summer...some of it a bummer.

Well the main reason you have not seen any thing written here other than memes is just the fact that I put myself on hiatus due to the fact that I was laid off from work on May 2nd. This makes it the 3rd time in the last 5 years that this has happened to me.

This time it took a lot out of me emotionally. Just the frustrations and the timing of these things. Plus the process of finding a new job has much more highs and lows than before.

A good example of this happened in June. I was recruited by a company to work for them out of my house and travel occasionally to different sites. The position involved by 2 favorite career passions - computers and cinema. The company sounded interested in me and they flew me out to there HQ in Kansas City. I went to a Royals game and stayed in a nice hotel on their dime. I spent the morning meeting with a lot of people that I felt a great vibe from and left for home with the feeling that I bagged it.

The next week I got word after following up that the had decided to "go in another direction". To say that this was a disappointment was an gross understatement. This hit me harder than the layoff. I was in a severe funk for weeks.

In the mean time I was getting more interest from potential employers than I have before but a lot of them were looking for more education like certifications even though I had the experience. So I decided to embark on getting what is call a A+ certification, which is basically an education into the hardware and operating systems of PCs.

As it happens I finally did snag a job and I start tomorrow. Sadly my classes also start tomorrow as well so it's gonna be a long day to say the least. I just hope that I can handle going from not working to a 40-hour week plus 20 hour week of classes. At least the classes are for only a couple of months.

I'll let you all know how I hold up the first week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home